Child Welfare Training Toolkit - Module 3
Download and print all the materials from this module. (Zip 978 KB)
Module 3 Materials
Note to user: This Training Toolkit was created in 2009. While most of the content is pertinent and valuable, some of the statistics and research are now outdated. If you are looking for training materials with more current data, please access the Online Training Tutorials (hyperlink), as they were updated in 2015. Should you have any questions on using this Training Toolkit please contact us at 1 (866) 493-2758 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Training Tutorials
Understanding Mental Disorders, Treatment and Recovery
Module 3 educates child welfare professionals about mental disorders and treatment. It provides in-depth information and learning opportunities designed to support child welfare professionals in working with diverse families affected by mental disorders.
After completing Module 3, child welfare professionals will have an understanding of the following topics:
- Spectrum/types of mental disorders
- Signs and symptoms of potential mental disorders
- Culturally appropriate screening tools for determining if a further comprehensive assessment by mental health professional is needed
- Impact of trauma (early childhood and other) on mental health of parents
- Impact of stressful life events on mental health of parents
- Link between mental disorders and suicide and other violent behavior
- Models of treatment, cultural competency in treatment and management of mental disorders
Effects of mental disorders on interpersonal relationships and family dynamics, care of children, etc.
- Negative social network
- Poor parenting skills
- Endangering behaviors
- Recovery from mental disorders
Let us know how we can help out!